06 March 2024

Reckon It
One definition for reckon is this: “to regard or think of as.” So when dark clouds of negativity rain in my brain, I must recall Bible truth instead of believing the lies suggested by my stormy emotions. I must reckon it.

When my feelings have been hurt by somebody’s careless comment, for example, I must reckon it; I can reflect on Romans 8:28. Yes, even hurt feelings can turn out to be for my good. They can humble me, reminding me to watch my own remarks, since I have experienced the fact that words can hurt.

Easier said than done? Sure, but striving to think in accordance with Bible truth can override the flesh’s default setting, helping us to walk in the Spirit. With God’s help, our thinking can change for the good. Doubting this? Then reckon it.

2 comments:

  1. I have recently received hurtful words. Thank you for the reminder that we should all watch our words so that we don’t hurt others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, please let you light shine on our clouds of negativity and dissolve them.

    ReplyDelete