19 October 2023

Catching Cats

On Monday I tried to lure our three cats into the barn before the rain picked up, but none of them seemed all that interested in the idea. Two would enter; one would exit. When I caught that one, the other would escape. And where was number three? I kept trying to catch cats until I became frustrated and then fed up. Finally I decided to entice them with cat food; suddenly all three wanted to be in the barn. I hastily closed the door and hurried to the house.

How does the enemy try to entice humans? He pays attention to any sins they like to dabble in and then tempts them with what he knows will work. But thankfully we have choices to make. We can feed on the fare of this world and provide him with ideas, or we can feed on the Word of God and refuse to give the enemy food for thought.

2 comments:

  1. That's a good picture. Davy would agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that we cannot truly follow Jesus without reading the word. And yet so many try to. Are you aware that only 11% of Christians read the Bible daily? That’s SO sad!

    ReplyDelete