08 October 2023

Slouching Toward Submission

Some time ago I spied a royal-blue head covering for sale. I reluctantly decided against it; I usually wear a black covering. But I kept the idea in the back of my mind, though it appeared I had lost my opportunity since that color seemed to be missing every time I checked the display. That is, until Thursday. I fondly fingered the material and called my husband over to see what he would say. He mentioned that the color might be a bit too bright for a covering. Slightly disappointed, I set the covering back on the shelf.

About twenty years ago a similar scene took place. I wanted a pair of metallic-blue mirrored sunglasses. My husband, however, pointed out that they looked way too worldly to him. I’m afraid I put up a fuss before and after leaving those sunglasses behind.

When I consider the past, I can see that God is patiently working on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment