14 June 2024

Psalm 23 and Me
When I slid out of bed one morning, I glimpsed something white on the carpet. What was it? A tissue? I reached down and picked up the item that had been peeking at me from between the bed and the wall. What a surprise to discover a magnet displaying Psalm 23!
 
Some might suppose that an angel placed those words there, or that they appeared miraculously just for me. After some thought, though, I recalled that I had recently removed a stack of Scripture magnets from a drawer located not far from the bed. One of them likely slipped onto the floor, and unbeknownst to me, I must have moved it about as I shuffled to and fro in the bedroom, until the item landed in the spot where I saw it.
 
Of course, angels do exist and God can do miracles, but usually what we experience is divine providence. Spying the Psalm 23 magnet that morning encouraged my heart: Why worry when you can trust the Shepherd’s care? And why seek after signs and wonders when providence is already amazing?

1 comment:

  1. I love Psalm 23! My 1st grade teacher read it to our class every morning after the pledge of allegiance. Then she prayed the “Our Father”. By the end of the year I knew all three by heart. Now, that’s a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete