27 December 2023

Ever-Present Power

The recent rain and wind storm took its toll on Maine, but soon calm weather returned. And on a peaceful, seasonably warm morning eight days later, the power decided to go out again. I called to report the outage. A recording announced, however, that nobody would be responding to new outages, because the utility workers were still busy with old ones from the storm. I hoped this might be outdated information, yet the words seemed to be confirmed by the phone system refusing to let me leave a message about the outage—something I usually do when the power goes out.

Would we join other Mainers who had been without power for more than a week? I knew Someone, though, with power and plenty of time to hear my plea: I got on my knees.

A few minutes later I again tried to report the outage; this time I waited to speak with somebody. The dispatcher told me that a car had hit a pole and that power would be restored in an hour. The lights came on even sooner than that.

God’s power never goes out. He answers His children’s prayers and cares about their every need.

No comments:

Post a Comment