09 October 2024

More Cookie than Creme
Have you ever heard of an Oreo rug? I had not until I saw the advertisement. I supposed that such a rug must be a swirly black-and-white concoction. But upon rereading the phrase, I realized that it had actually been an ad for area rugs.

Later that day I heard someone say this regarding Oreos: “They should sell the creme without the cookie.”

Providence tends to dole out more cookie than creme; could the Christian’s life be all that God intends without His carefully measured blend of both? Maybe most of us would choose only the creme to our spiritual detriment. But thankfully, our wise heavenly Father knows exactly how to divvy out the perfect amount of hard parts and sweet.

3 comments:

  1. Good words, Christine! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s very true that most of us would like only good in our lives, but I have noticed that we grow much more in the tough times than we do in the good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was little, Chrissy, I was allowed to have coffee just like that—with mostly sugar and cream, and with very little coffee!

    ReplyDelete